Pearl Couscous salad with vegetables and cashew nuts and a sesame dressing
- 250 g pearl couscous
- 1 lemon Juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ long red chilli finely sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g cashew nuts roasted
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup corn kernels cooked and canned is fine
- 200 g green beans cooked and cut into small pieces
- 300 g pumpkin cooked
- salt to taste
- Bring a large volume of salted water to the boil. Stir in the couscous and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Drain the couscous, place in cold water to cool, and then drain again.
- In a bowl mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chilli, olive oil, cashew nuts and coriander leaves. Add the cold drained couscous and toss gently.
- Add the vegetables and toss together very gently before serving.
Gi estimation: 48, GL estimation: 12 Recipe and image supplied by Benedikts – Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more recipes go to www.blu.net.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.