Pearl Couscous and Spicy Prawn Salad
- 6 tbsp lemon olive oil
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 400 g pearl couscous
- 4 cups chicken stock
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 15 cos lettuce leaves 2 cos lettuces
- 20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1½ avocado cut into wedges
- 24 cooked king prawns shelled
- 1 cup cashew nuts or other nuts of your choice
- ½ fresh chives finely cut
- Pour 1 tbsp of the lemon olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1 tsp curry powder and pearl couscous and stir on medium heat for 20 seconds. Add chicken stock and season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a large platter and spread the couscous, briefly separating the grains with a fork. Once cold, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl mix remaining 5 tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper and the remaining curry powder. Season the pearl couscous with half of the dressing and toss the prawns in remaining dressing
- Place the cos lettuce leaves around the couscous with the open side of the leaves facing up. Gently fill the leaves with cherry tomato halves and avocado pieces, top the pearl couscous with the prawns and cashew nuts. Sprinkle with chives just before serving.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.