Pastry-free rice and veggie pie
- ¾ cup SunRice Low GI Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs large free range
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 zucchini grated and squeezed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves chopped
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan 160C). Lightly grease a 22cm round ovenproof pie dish with olive oil or line the base and sides of a 22cm spring form pan with baking paper.
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the rice, zucchini (make sure as much liquid as possible is squeezed out), spinach, peas, parsley and ricotta. Season to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Fill into pie dish and bake about 30 minutes or until the point of a fine bladed knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Gi estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.