Oven roasted red onion and truss tomato pasta
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic roughly crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- olive oil for cooking
- 500 g pappardelle pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese grated
- fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Spread out the red onion and truss tomato wedges on the baking trays, add the crushed garlic and dried oregano followed by a good drizzle of olive oil and cover with tin foil. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the red onions have softened and become transparent.
- Remove the tin foil and place back in the oven to roast uncovered for a further 15-20 minutes or until the onions and tomatoes are a little crispy on the outer edges and soft on the insides.
- While the vegetables are roasting the pappardelle pasta can be cooked – follow the packet instructions.
- Remove the red onions and tomatoes from the oven once they are done, add the drained pasta to the tray and gently toss through to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan over the top and some fresh oregano leaves for colour.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.