One pan chicken with rice and peas
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 kg Large chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Large red capsicum, seeded, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- 4 Large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2/3 cup Pitted black olives
- 2 cups Frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup Chopped mint
- Heat the oil in a large straight-sided deep pan over medium- high heat. Lightly season chicken pieces to taste and then add to the pan.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, turning until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan with garlic and capsicum and gently cook until softened. Stir in the rice, tomato and stock.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the rice mixture and bring to a lively simmer. Cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook about 25 minutes or until the rice is al dente and chicken cooked.
- Sprinkle olives and peas over and remove the pan from the heat and rest for about 10 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Sprinkle mint over and serve with wedges of lemon.
Gi estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.