- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 700 g SunRice Doongara Low GI White Rice (1 lb 9 oz/4 cups)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- fresh parsley or spring onions chopped to serve
- Bring a large saucepan or deep frying pan of water to a simmer and carefully crack the eggs and gently slip them, one at a time, into the simmering water. Poach for 3–4 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the beaten egg and stir-fry until the egg is scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and lightly fry for 3–5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the cooked rice and toss well. Pour in the oyster sauce and soy sauce and toss to coat the rice in the sauces. Stir in the scrambled egg.
- Spoon the rice into four bowls or plates and top each with a poached egg. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or spring onions.
Gi estimation (Medium) - the Gi of rice varies according to the variety and its proportion of the slower digested amylose starch.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.