Moroccan spiced pumpkin, pistachio and macadamia dip
- 750 g butternut pumpkin peeled, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds toasted
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled chopped
- ½ cup macadamia butter chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped, extra, to serve
- 2 wholemeal pita bread OR low GI wrap bread, toasted, sliced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Toss pumpkin with cumin seeds and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake till tender then remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the pumpkin in a food processor or blender with pistachios, macadamias, chilli paste, coriander,water and oil and blend until smooth.
- Serve with extra coriander and pita/low GI wrap bread.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.