Moroccan Carrot, Pumpkin, Chickpea and Rice One Pan
- 500 g baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 400 g kent or jap pumpkin
- 3 tbsp (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (105g) SunRice Low GI Brown Rice
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained or 220g cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup (20g) rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) turkish apricots, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) raisins or sultanas
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place carrots on the tray, remove the skin from the pumpkin, cut into 4cm thick wedges, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together sweet paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle spice blend over the vegetables and toss to coat. Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are baking, cook your SunRice Low GI Brown Rice via absorption method, cover and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are baked, arrange the rocket leaves, SunRice Low GI Brown Rice, turkish apricots, raisin, tomatoes, almonds, coriander and mint leaves around the pan with the vegetables (alternatively you can pop it all on a big serving platter). Drizzle with orange juice, season with sea salt and black pepper and a pinch of chilli flakes and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.