Mini Burrito Bowls
Dinner, Lunch, Snacks
- 1 cup SunRice Low GI white rice
- 400 g black beans drained
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) diced
- 500 g turkey mince
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning or Mexican spice
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 8 mini tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Rinse the rice and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, add the mince and cook for 5 min or until brown - then add capsicum and taco spice until softened.
- While the mince cooks, spray one side of a tortilla with spray oil. Place the tortilla - oil side facing out - into a muffin tin, creating a ‘bowl’. Cook for 6-8 min or until brown and crispy.
- Serve all the ingredients in the tortilla bowls - along with a fresh squeeze of lime, diced avocado and your favourite hot sauce.
This recipe is naturally dairy-free. You can use whichever mince you like - or skip the mince to make this recipe vegetarian as the beans contain protein. Corn, chopped tomatoes, coriander or diced red onion would also be a great addition to this recipe. Use a gluten-free tortilla to make this recipe gluten free (and also check your taco seasoning is also gluten-free). If you don’t like spicy food, you can swap the taco seasoning for paprika and leave out the hot sauce. Recipe and image supplied by SunRice. For more recipes go to www.sunrice.com.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.