Mexican corn and zucchini fritters
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup reduced fat milk
- ⅓ cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- 2 zucchini medium (200g), grated
- 420 g fresh corn kernels drained and rinsed
- ½ bunch fresh chives finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- canola oil or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado ripe
- lemon juice
- 1 tomato cut into wedges, to serve
- baby lettuce leaves to serve
- Whisk eggs, flour and milk together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in grated cheese, zucchini, corn, chives and paprika.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and lightly grease with cooking spray. Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into hot pan, spreading it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Cook fritters over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Continue with remaining mixture, re-greasing pan with cooking spray as necessary.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Top warm fritters with mashed avocado and serve with tomato and lettuce.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.