Mexican corn and zucchini fritters
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- 2 medium (200g) zucchini, grated
- 420 g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 ripe avocado
- squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges, to serve
- baby lettuce leaves, to serve
- Whisk eggs, flour and milk together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in grated cheese, zucchini, corn, chives and paprika.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and lightly grease with cooking spray. Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into hot pan, spreading it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Cook fritters over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Continue with remaining mixture, re-greasing pan with cooking spray as necessary.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Top warm fritters with mashed avocado and serve with tomato and lettuce.