Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable & Chickpea Wrap
- 2 low GI wraps
- 1 zucchini trimmed & cut into chunks
- ½ red capsicum (pepper) seeds removed & roughly chopped
- 1 red (Spanish) onion peeled & cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 220 g chickpeas can, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- Place prepared vegetables in a bowl and add oil. Toss to coat, then scatter vegetables on a baking-paper lined oven tray. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper & salt flakes and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Roast in a preheated oven of 180°C for 30 minutes or until vegetables are lightly golden and soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare yoghurt sauce; combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To serve; arrange spinach leaves along the centre of a MISSION Low Gi + Protein Wrap. Top with roasted vegetables and a spoonful of yoghurt sauce. Finish with a scatter of cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and pepitas. Roll wrap and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.