Low GI prawn Crostini with fresh pea purée
- 1 large low GI sourdough baguette
- 250 gms large, peeled cooked prawns
- 1/2 tbsp chopped chives
- Olive oil spray
- 200 gms frozen peas
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 10 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (320°F) and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- To make the crostini, cut the baguette on a diagonal into 10 even slices, approximately ½ cm thick, place on the baking tray and spray both sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Boil the peas for about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add in garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Add in the lemon juice, mint and chives for one pulse to stir through.
- To prepare the prawns, simply chop into large, meaty pieces (approx. 1cm).
- Spread the pea mixture over the crostini, add a small tsp of yoghurt (if using) on the purée, top with the prawns and sprinkle over chopped chives.
- Pea purée also makes for a delicious dip, serve with chopped veggies.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.