Spiced Berry French Toast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp orange zest oil
- Olive oil spray
- 4 thick slices high fibre, low gi block loaf
- 125 g raspberries / strawberries pure
- maple syrup or low gi honey
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, orange zest and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl until well-combined.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray with oil spray.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture alternating both sides, allowing to soak into the middle of the bread. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place on a plate and keep warm.
- Serve the French toast immediately topped with berries and drizzle with maple syrup or low gi honey.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.