Mini Breakfast Frittatas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 4 button mushrooms finely diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat tasty cheese grated
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tbsp pepper
- Line a muffin tray with muffin papers.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan with a little olive oil and fry the onion, chickpeas and mushrooms over high heat for two minutes. Add the spinach and allow to wilt, cooking for additional one minute.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix together until just incorporated, adding in the chickpea mushroom mixture. Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Using a small spatula, lift the muffins from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold.Great for breakfast on the run or lunchbox ideas. NOTE: Can be frozen for a later date!
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.