Lentil Napoletana pasta twists
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 Stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs No-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Dry lentils
- 2 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups Salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 Zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- 500 g Packet high fibre pasta twists
- 2/3 cup Grated reduced-fat tasty cheese, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large deep saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir over heat for 2 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add mushrooms, carrot and celery. Stir over heat a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and lentils. Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stock and Italian herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini, Simmer, covered a further 5-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to same pan. Add lentil sauce. Stir over low heat until combined.
- Serve topped with grated cheese. Garnish with extra chopped parsley (optional).
Nutritional information (per serve)