Lentil Napoletana pasta twists
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 Stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs No-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Dry lentils
- 2 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups Salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 Zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- 500 g Packet high fibre pasta twists
- 2/3 cup Grated reduced-fat tasty cheese, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large deep saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir over heat for 2 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add mushrooms, carrot and celery. Stir over heat a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and lentils. Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stock and Italian herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini, Simmer, covered a further 5-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to same pan. Add lentil sauce. Stir over low heat until combined.
- Serve topped with grated cheese. Garnish with extra chopped parsley (optional).
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.