Lamb and vegetable skewers
- 600 g diced lamb, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil +extra, to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- ½ red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- ⅓ cup hummus
- Char-grilled corn, baby cos, radish and cucumber salad, chopped chives,to serve
- Place the lamb, oil, Moroccan seasoning, fennel seeds, onion, tomatoes,zucchini and capsicum in a large bowl. Season with pepper and toss well to coat. Thread lamb and vegetables alternatively onto the skewers.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is cooked to your liking.Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Serve skewers with hummus, corn and baby cos, radish and cucumber salad drizzled with a little oil and sprinkled with chives.
- You will need 8 medium bamboo or metal skewers for this recipe – if using bamboo soak the skewers in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Mix up the herbs and spices on the skewers – try oregano and lemon zest, Cajun spice, Chinese 5 Spice and coriander or a little paprika and parsley.
- You can dice the lamb yourself (diced lamb leg or rump are great for skewers) or ask your butcher to dice it for you to save time.