Lamb and vegetable skewers
- 600 g lamb diced, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil +extra, to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red onion small, cut into wedges
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini medium, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- ½ red capsicum cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ yellow capsicum cut into 3cm pieces
- ⅓ cup hummus
- char-grilled corn
- baby cos lettuce to serve
- radish and cucumber salad to serve
- fresh chives chopped, to serve
- Place the lamb, oil, Moroccan seasoning, fennel seeds, onion, tomatoes,zucchini and capsicum in a large bowl. Season with pepper and toss well to coat. Thread lamb and vegetables alternatively onto the skewers.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is cooked to your liking.Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Serve skewers with hummus, corn and baby cos, radish and cucumber salad drizzled with a little oil and sprinkled with chives.
- You will need 8 medium bamboo or metal skewers for this recipe – if using bamboo soak the skewers in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Mix up the herbs and spices on the skewers – try oregano and lemon zest, Cajun spice, Chinese 5 Spice and coriander or a little paprika and parsley.
- You can dice the lamb yourself (diced lamb leg or rump are great for skewers) or ask your butcher to dice it for you to save time.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.