Honey Glazed Salmon
- 1.2 kg boneless and skinless salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup Capilano Low GI honey, warmed
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds – equivalent of seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Combine honey, oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water (2 cups) for 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside in fridge to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients to quinoa and toss to combine.
- Add dressing ingredients to a screw top jar and secure lid. Shake to combine. Add dressing to salad prior to serving.
- Combine honey, oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Place salmon in large shallow dish and pour over marinade. Cover and place in fridge for 1-2 hours, basting occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Place salmon in baking dish and add remaining marinade. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Transfer salmon to serving tray and serve alongside quinoa salad.