Honey Glazed Salmon
- 1.2 kg salmon fillet, skin off boneless
- ¼ cup Capilano Low GI honey warmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds equivalent of seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ½ red (Spanish) onion diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon juiced
- Combine honey, oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water (2 cups) for 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside in fridge to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients to quinoa and toss to combine.
- Add dressing ingredients to a screw top jar and secure lid. Shake to combine. Add dressing to salad prior to serving.
- Combine honey, oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Place salmon in large shallow dish and pour over marinade. Cover and place in fridge for 1-2 hours, basting occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Place salmon in baking dish and add remaining marinade. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Transfer salmon to serving tray and serve alongside quinoa salad.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.