Honey Drumsticks & Slaw
- 12 chicken drumsticks skin on
- ½ cup Capilano Low GI honey warmed
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ red cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- ½ green cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions green tips only, finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Capilano Low GI honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place chicken drumsticks in an oven-proof dish in a single layer.
- Combine honey, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, oil and garlic in mixing bowl and mix well. Add marinade over the chicken.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, turning at 10-minute intervals, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add cabbages, carrot and spring onions to a large salad-serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and toss to completely combine. Serve chicken alongside coleslaw.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.