Honey Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp Capilano Low GI honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger crushed
- 1 long red chilli diced
- ¼ cup reduced salt soy sauce
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g lean beef strips
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) cut into thin strips
- 2 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 lime juiced
- low GI brown rice to serve
- Heat a large wok on a high heat and add half of the oil.
- Add half of the beef strips and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer beef to a dish. Repeat with the remaining beef and set aside in dish.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the other vegetables and water and cook until vegetables are just tender.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.