- ½ Chinese cabbage cut into 5cm strips
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- First, bring ½ cup water to the boil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, and cook for 4–5 minutes, or until the cabbage has wilted.
- Drain, then transfer the cabbage to a large bowl. In a second smaller bowl, combine your vinegar, garlic, ginger, and chilli flakes. Pour this mix over the cabbage, then toss to combine well.Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Refrigerate, and use throughout the week to increase vegetable intake.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.