Healthy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 cup SunRice Doongara Low GI White Rice
- 500 g Lean rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 200 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 cup Beef stock
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 cup Light thickened cooking cream
- 1 bunch Parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch Steamed green beans
- To cook the white rice, in a saucepan, add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5 minutes. If you would like to use a brown rice in this recipe, simply add an additional ½ a cup of water.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Cook meat in 2 batches, tossing quickly until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining oil to pan. Cook onions for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes longer or until soft. Add paprika and stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock, mustard, tomato paste, pepper and beef (with any juices). Simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place cornflour in a small bowl. Gradually stir in light thickened cream. Add to pan and stir just until thickened.
- Serve stroganoff with rice, sprinkled with parsley and steamed green beans.