Hazelnut date balls
- 160 g hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp orange zest grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup dried apricots finely chopped
- ½ cup dates finely chopped
- 2 tsp hazelnut oil or oil
- ½ cup icing sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast for 10-15 min (do not burn) then let them cool.
- Chop hazelnuts in a food processor until fine but not to dust.
- Add all other ingredients except oil and sugar. Quickly pulse a few times to mix, or do this in a mixing bowl.
- Turn mixture into bowl and rub your hands with a little oil. Pinch off walnut sized pieces and roll into balls.
- When all balls are rolled, sift over the icing sugar (optional) and roll balls in it to coat well.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.