- 100 g skinless chicken breasts grilled, sliced
- 8 wholemeal wheat crispbreads
- 20 g avocado mashed, (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ red (Spanish) onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 stick celery cut into snack-sized pieces
- ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Combine your tomatoes, dill, onion, and black pepper (if you’re using it) in a bowl, and toss to create a simple salad.
- Put each of the lunchbox components—the salad, the chicken, the avocado, and the celery sticks into different compartments in a container, or into small separate containers.
- This meal is designed to be enjoyed picnic-style. When it comes time for lunch, it’s as easy as assembling the different pieces on the crispbread, or enjoying them on their own.
- Hint: If you’re taking this to work with you, a squeeze of lemon juice stirred through the avocado will help prevent it browning before meal time.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.