Grilled Peach Panzanella Salad
- extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 low GI rolls torn/cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 2½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp lemon zest plus ¼ lemon juice from approx 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- ½ tsp seeded mustard
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 yellow peaches or nectarines ripe but firm, sliced
- 1 tomato cut into wedges
- 1 Lebanese cucumber sliced
- ½ red (Spanish) onion thinly sliced
- 20 baby basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add bread cubes to the baking tray, lightly drizzling with olive oil, tossing regularly in the oven, until nicely browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and remaining ½ cup olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill pan or barbecue to high. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Then cut each peach into 6 equal sections. Place the peaches in a medium-sized bowl and toss with the oil. Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove them from the grill using a spatula.
- Combine peaches, tomato, cucumber, red onion, basil and toasted bread cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately, or allow salad to stand for about 30 minutes for flavours to blend before serving.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.