Grilled bananas with macadamias and yoghurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15 g reduced salt margarine e.g. canola
- 4 bananas
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- ⅓ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- Heat a barbecue or stove top grill to high heat.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vanilla and margarine until fully combined.
- Peel the banana skins back, but do not take them off the bananas. Spoon a little brown sugar mixture onto each banana, then fold the skins back around the flesh to enclose. Cover the bananas in foil.
- Place the bananas on the grill and barbecue for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
- Carefully peel away the skin from the bananas, andplace bananas on serving plates, spooning over any melted margarine mixture left in the skins.
- Sprinkle liberally with macadamias and serve with a spoonful of the low-fat Greek style yoghurt.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.