Garlic & rosemary chicken tray bake
- olive oil spray
- 2 potatoes peeled, sliced
- 2 carisma potatoes medium and sliced
- 4 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thigh fillets skinless and boneless
- 1 orange juice
- lemon zest to garnish
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 1 cup chargrilled red capsicum halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 bulb garlic broken into cloves
- 50 g gluten-free chorizo diced
- 2 cups silverbeet chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a large ovenproof baking dish with olive oil. Cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain
- Cut several slits in chicken pieces and toss with orange zest.
- Place potatoes, onions and capsicum in a large bowl. Mix orange juice with oil and vinegar in a small bowl; add to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in prepared baking dish and top with chicken. Break rosemary (or thyme) into small sprigs; place two-thirds into chicken slits. Add garlic and remaining rosemary to dish. Sprinkle chorizo over; toss well.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through. Stir through silverbeet in final 10 minutes of cooking time. Season with freshly cracked black pepper; garnish with extra zest and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.