Garlic & rosemary chicken tray bake
- Olive-oil spray
- 2 Small sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 Medium Carisma potatoes, sliced
- 4 Skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- Zest and juice of 1 orange, plus
- Extra zest, to garnish
- 2 Red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Roasted red capsicum
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4 Sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 1 Garlic bulb, broken into cloves
- 50 g Gluten-free chorizo, diced
- 2 cups Chopped silverbeet
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a large ovenproof baking dish with olive oil. Cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain
- Cut several slits in chicken pieces and toss with orange zest.
- Place potatoes, onions and capsicum in a large bowl. Mix orange juice with oil and vinegar in a small bowl; add to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in prepared baking dish and top with chicken. Break rosemary (or thyme) into small sprigs; place two-thirds into chicken slits. Add garlic and remaining rosemary to dish. Sprinkle chorizo over; toss well.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through. Stir through silverbeet in final 10 minutes of cooking time. Season with freshly cracked black pepper; garnish with extra zest and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.