Gabriel Gaté’s stir-fried chicken with Pearl Couscous
- 250 g deboned, skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pearl Couscous
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 1/2 cup diced butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, cleaned
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Cut the chicken into bite-size strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and corn flour, then mix this well with the chicken strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stir in the garlic and chicken pieces and stir-fry on high heat for just a few minutes until the chicken is just cooked. Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the chopped onion to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the Pearl Couscous and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, peas and pumpkin. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes until the couscous is cooked.
- Add the bean sprouts and chicken season with pepper and gently mix well.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was supplied by Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more like this click here
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.