Gabriel Gaté’s stir-fried chicken with Pearl Couscous
- 250 g deboned, skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pearl Couscous
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 1/2 cup diced butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, cleaned
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Cut the chicken into bite-size strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and corn flour, then mix this well with the chicken strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stir in the garlic and chicken pieces and stir-fry on high heat for just a few minutes until the chicken is just cooked. Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the chopped onion to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the Pearl Couscous and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, peas and pumpkin. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes until the couscous is cooked.
- Add the bean sprouts and chicken season with pepper and gently mix well.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was supplied by Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more like this click here