Gabriel Gaté’s omelette with Pearl Couscous and quinoa
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 1/4 cup pearl couscous
- 4 eggs Medium
- sea salt and ground black pepper Pinch
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1/2 green chilli finely sliced
- 2 mushrooms Sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) Finely sliced
- rocket leaves A handful
- Place the quinoa and 1 ½ cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pearl couscous, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 24 cm non-stick frypan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the chilli and mushrooms and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the eggs the coriander leaves the pearl couscous and quinoa. Stir and cook on medium heat until the eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately garnished with rocket leaves
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.