Frozen Banana Popsicles
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup thick vanilla custard
- 2 cups vanilla ice-cream (about 350g)
- yellow food colouring a few drops, optional
- Peel, chop and freeze the bananas in a storage container or snap lock bag for 3-4 hours until frozen.
- Place bananas in a food processor or blender.
- Process or blend until chopped.
- Add the custard and ice-cream and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add few drops yellow food colour, process to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among 16 ice-pop moulds (50ml-capacity). Insert sticks.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Dip the moulds in a bowl of warm water for a couple of seconds to remove the banana pops. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Freeze for 15 minutes. Serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.