Feel-better lentil soup
- 450 g Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Thinly sliced leek, white part only
- 2 Medium carrots, horizontally sliced
- 2 Medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian diced peeled tomatoes and juice
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tsp Salt (Kosher or sea salt)
- 5 Twists freshly cracked pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons Sherry vinegar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot (except vinegar if using).
- Add 10 cups of cold water. Cover and bring to a boil (takes approximately 20 minutes). Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Correct seasonings.
- Stir in vinegar if using. Mix well. Serve hot.