Feel-better lentil soup
- 450 g lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 cup leek thinly sliced, white part only
- 2 carrots horizontally sliced
- 2 celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced peeled peeled and juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt Kosher or sea salt
- ground black pepper (5 twists)
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot (except vinegar if using).
- Add 10 cups of cold water. Cover and bring to a boil (takes approximately 20 minutes). Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Correct seasonings.
- Stir in vinegar if using. Mix well. Serve hot.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.