Eggs with chickpeas, spinach and tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 shallots finely diced
- garlic crushed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- ¼ parmesan cheese shaved (optional)
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ⅛ tbsp ground black pepper
- low GI bread optional
- 1 cherry tomatoes halved
- In a non stick frypan, add olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add the French shallot & garlic, stirring regularly, cook for 2 minutes or until tender & fragrant. Add chickpeas and cook for approx 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Make a space in the mixture in the frypan and crack an egg inside of them. Cook for 3-5 more minutes or until egg whites are almost set. Cover, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until egg whites are set (yolks should still be runny).
- Serve chickpea mixture with an egg in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese shavings (optional) and a slice of low GI toast
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.