Curried Pearl Couscous with pomegranates
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g Blu gourmet Pearl Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups hot vegetable or chicken stock or water
- 1/2 tsp keens curry powder
- 1/2 medium slightly firm avocado diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small dried shallot halved and sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground fresh pepper
- Add olive oil, curry and couscous to saucepan, and stir fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat to toast the couscous and release the flavour of the curry. Add stock and simmer covered on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and toss into a salad bowl with the dressing and mix until cooled.
- Add shallots, pomegranate seeds, avocado, mint and parsley and stir through gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
Nutritional information (per serve)