Curried Pearl Couscous with pomegranates
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g Blu Gourmet Pearl Couscous
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock hot
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ avocado medium, slightly firm, diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 dried shallot halved and sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Add olive oil, curry and couscous to saucepan, and stir fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat to toast the couscous and release the flavour of the curry. Add stock and simmer covered on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and toss into a salad bowl with the dressing and mix until cooled.
- Add shallots, pomegranate seeds, avocado, mint and parsley and stir through gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.