Cod with carrot & hazelnut
- 140 g skinless cod fillet
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or sesame seeds
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 carrot halved lengthwise
- 1 green cabbage wedge, about 1/8 small head
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 5 fresh thyme Sprigs
- 2 tbsp low fat plain skyr
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts toasted, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip the cod in the egg white, roll in the chia seeds, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Add the carrot halves and cabbage to the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the thyme sprigs on top. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Transfer the fish and vegetables to a plate, spread with the skyr, and top with the hazelnuts.
Energy per serve: 2393kJ Reprinted with permission from The Nordic Way: Discover The World’s Most Perfect Carb-to-Protein Ratio for Preventing Weight Gain or Regain, and Lowering Your Risk of Disease by arrangement Pam Krauss Books, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017, Arne Astrup, Jennie Brand-Miller and Christian Bitz
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 33g | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 21g