Chicken & herb meatball soup
- 60 g All-Bran Original
- 350 g lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled, diced
- 1 celery diced
- 1 ½ litres reduced salt chicken stock
- 65 g low GI rice
- 200 g corn kernels
- 150 g green beans trimmed, sliced into 1cm rounds
- lemon zest Finely grated to garnish
- To make the meatballs, place All-Bran® Original in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs. Place the All-Bran®Original, the chicken mince, half the garlic, the parsley, basil and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix all ingredients until well combined. Using slightly wet hands, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Add sock, bring to the boil. Add rice, simmer for 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add corn and beans, simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the meatballs in batches and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through and they float on the surface.
- Serve garnished with extra chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.
Gi estimation: 45 (Low), GL estimation: 15 Recipe and image supplied by Kellogg’s® Australia. For more recipes go to www.all-bran.com.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.