Chicken & herb meatball soup
- 60 g All-Bran® Original
- 350 g Lean chicken breast mince
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped basil
- 1 Egg (assumed medium)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped (assumed medium)
- 1 Carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 Stick celery, diced (assumed medium)
- 1.5 litres Salt reduced chicken stock
- 65 g Low Gi rice
- 200 g Fresh corn kernels
- 150 g Green beans, trimmed, sliced into 1cm rounds
- Finely grated lemon zest, to garnish
- To make the meatballs, place All-Bran® Original in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs. Place the All-Bran®Original, the chicken mince, half the garlic, the parsley, basil and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix all ingredients until well combined. Using slightly wet hands, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Add sock, bring to the boil. Add rice, simmer for 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add corn and beans, simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the meatballs in batches and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through and they float on the surface.
- Serve garnished with extra chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.
Gi estimation: 45 (Low), GL estimation: 15 Recipe and image supplied by Kellogg’s® Australia. For more recipes go to www.all-bran.com.au