Chicken and parsley salad pitas
- 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 red (Spanish) onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Moroccan spice mix or harissa seasoning
- 400 g skinless chicken breasts lean, raw, halved horizontally
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 tomato medium, chopped
- 4 wholemeal pita bread
- 80 g avocado chopped
- Using a fork, whisk together the vinegar, onion, mustard and harissa seasoning in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice, then add to the onion mixture in the bowl, along with any resting juices on the plate.
- Add the celery, parsley, mint and tomato to the chicken mixture and gently toss to combine. Spoon evenly onto the pita bread, top with the avocado and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.