Chicken and parsley salad pitas
- 60 ml White wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning, or harissa seasoning
- 400 g chicken breast, lean, raw, halved horizontally
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 wholemeal pita bread
- 80 g avocado chopped
- Using a fork, whisk together the vinegar, onion, mustard and harissa seasoning in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice, then add to the onion mixture in the bowl, along with any resting juices on the plate.
- Add the celery, parsley, mint and tomato to the chicken mixture and gently toss to combine. Spoon evenly onto the pita bread, top with the avocado and serve.