Cashew nut cream
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 4 pear halves canned, drained
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract alcohol-free
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Puree for several minutes until smooth and ivory in colour, scraping down sides of the bowl half way with a spatula.
- Transfer cream to a glass jar and refrigerate, ready for use when required. Recipe is unsuitable for freezing. Makes 1½ cups.
- You can substitute ½ cup of apple juice for pears.If using peanuts, rub off their skins first, or blanch almonds to remove their skin for a whiter colour.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.