Carisma Potato Mexican Breakfast Hash
- 5 Carisma potatoes diced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) diced
- 400 g black beans canned, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch sea salt
- chilli powder to taste, optional
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- lime squeeze
- Wash and dice the Carisma potatoes, capsicum and pumpkin into 0.5cm cubes, making them uniform will help ensure even cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Heat the oil in a large fry-pan on medium high heat. Add in the potatoes as one even layer – try not to overlap them. All the potatoes to cook for 3 minutes on this side, then turn them over, cook for 3 minutes on the opposite side until golden and slightly tender.
- Stir in the capsicum, pumpkin, black beans, spice mix & a dash of water. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve with avocado, coriander and a squeeze of lime!
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.