Buckwheat pancakes with berries
- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- spray oil, for cooking
- 1/3 cup (95g) plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Sift flours and baking powder in a medium bowl; return husks and add sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in combined eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat; spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup (60mL) of the mixture into pan; cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until the pancake is golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total. Divide pancakes between four plates; top with yoghurt and blueberries.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.