Buckwheat pancakes with berries
- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- spray oil, for cooking
- 1/3 cup (95g) plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Sift flours and baking powder in a medium bowl; return husks and add sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in combined eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat; spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup (60mL) of the mixture into pan; cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until the pancake is golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total. Divide pancakes between four plates; top with yoghurt and blueberries.
Nutritional information (per serve)