Beetroot, pumpkin and green bean curry with rice
- 1 ½ cups Clever low GI white rice
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp madras curry paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger finely grated
- 2 green chillies finely sliced
- 2 beetroot peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 300 g butternut pumpkin peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 200 g green beans cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 cup natural yoghurt room temperature
- 1 stalk celery cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Cook both rice according to instructions on-pack until al dente. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a sturdy large pan, add the onion and cook until soft. Stir through the curry paste, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for three minutes.
- Mix the beetroot and pumpkin through the curry mixture and then add the stock. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
- Add beans halfway through cooking. Top up with extra wtare if the mixture is too dry.
- Gently stir the yoghurt through the curry.
- Combine the rice and divide between serving dishes and ladle over the curried vegetables and sauce. Garnish with celery matchsticks and coriander sprigs
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.