BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Plum Sauce
- 8 chicken tenderloins,threaded onto metal skewers
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 bird’s eye chili (seeded,optional)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 plums, stone removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedge to serve
- Low GI Rice to serve
- To make the plum sauce, heat one tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste, plums and white wine and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil on a grill plate until hot and bbq the chicken skewers for 4minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with low GI rice and a side of grated slaw and place the spicy plum sauce in a small dish. Enjoy!