BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Plum Sauce
- 8 chicken tenderloins,threaded onto metal skewers
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 bird’s eye chili (seeded,optional)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 plums, stone removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedge to serve
- Low Gi Rice to serve
- To make the plum sauce, heat one tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste, plums and white wine and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil on a grill plate until hot and bbq the chicken skewers for 4minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with low Gi rice and a side of grated slaw and place the spicy plum sauce in a small dish. Enjoy!
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.