Barbecued corn with avocado cream
- 2 Corn cobs, husks attached
- 1 Long red chilli, finely chopped
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Avocado cream
- 1 Small avocado
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- Peel back the husks from the corn cobs, discard the silk and remove several of the inside husks, leaving a few outer husks to protect and steam the corn while it is cooking. Soak the corn cobs and two pieces of string in a large bowl of water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado cream, use a stick blender or small food processor to blend the avocado, lime juice and cayenne pepper until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency. Stir in the coriander and set aside until needed.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium–high. Drain the corn cobs, reseal the husks and secure with the wet string. Cook the corn, turning occasionally, for 15–20 minutes or until tender.
- Peel back the husks and spread the corn with the avocado cream. Sprinkle with the chilli and serve with lime cheeks.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.