Barbecued corn with avocado cream
- 2 Corn cobs, husks attached
- 1 Long red chilli, finely chopped
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Avocado cream
- 1 Small avocado
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- Peel back the husks from the corn cobs, discard the silk and remove several of the inside husks, leaving a few outer husks to protect and steam the corn while it is cooking. Soak the corn cobs and two pieces of string in a large bowl of water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the avocado cream, use a stick blender or small food processor to blend the avocado, lime juice and cayenne pepper until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency. Stir in the coriander and set aside until needed.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium–high. Drain the corn cobs, reseal the husks and secure with the wet string. Cook the corn, turning occasionally, for 15–20 minutes or until tender.
- Peel back the husks and spread the corn with the avocado cream. Sprinkle with the chilli and serve with lime cheeks.