Barbecued chilli mint lamb and tomato salad
- 250 g Lamb fillet, trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 30 g Mint leaves, roughly torn
- 4 Small vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into eighths, or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red capsicum (pepper), sliced into strips
- 1 Lebanese (short) cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 Red chilli, seeds removed and thinly sliced (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
Zesty bulgur wheat
- 90 g Bulgur wheat
- 125 ml Boiling water
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Lightly brush the lamb fillet with a little oil. Cook on a preheated barbecue or in a char-grill pan for 3–4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the meat, wrap in foil and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Put the mint, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and chilli, if using, in a serving bowl. Season with pepper. Make a dressing by combining the oil and lemon juice in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- To make the zesty bulgur wheat, put the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover with foil (or plastic wrap or a plate) and leave to steam for about 15 minutes, or until the water has absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Slice the lamb fillet thinly across the grain, toss with the salad ingredients and the bulgur wheat, then pour over the dressing and toss to coat.