- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 500 g Lean beef mince
- 2 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- Olive-oil spray
- 400 g Spaghetti, broken and cooked in boiling water
- 1/2 cup Grated edam
- 1/2 cup Shredded fresh parmesan
- 12 cups Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Gently fry celery and carrots; cover and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for a further minute. Transfer vegetables to a plate; set aside.
- Reheat frying pan and cook mince in two batches. Break up with a wooden spoon and brown thoroughly. Add reserved vegetables. Pour in chopped tomatoes and bring bolognese sauce to the boil. Stir well and cook for 5–10 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Spray a large ovenproof two-litre-capacity dish with oil. Add cooked pasta and top with hot bolognese sauce; sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and slightly golden. Serve baked bolognese with salad leaves.
- Make this meal gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta.
Nutritional information (per serve)