Avocado & Cottage Cheese Whip on Toast
- 1 slice Burgen bread, any type, toasted
- 20 g avocado, mashed (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 160 g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 lemon, juice and zest
- pinch chilli flakes
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Spread the avocado over the toast, sprinkle over the chilli flakes, and then arrange the tomato slices.
- Use a bullet or small handheld blender to process the cottage cheese,lemon juice, and zest until smooth. Alternatively, this can also be done in a bowl with a fork.
- Taste, and season with pepper if you’d like. Pour into a small bowl, top with chives. To serve, spoon the cottage cheese over the toast.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.