Avocado & Cottage Cheese Whip on Toast
- 1 slice Burgen bread, any type, toasted
- 20 g avocado, mashed (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 160 g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 lemon, juice and zest
- pinch chilli flakes
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Spread the avocado over the toast, sprinkle over the chilli flakes, and then arrange the tomato slices.
- Use a bullet or small handheld blender to process the cottage cheese,lemon juice, and zest until smooth. Alternatively, this can also be done in a bowl with a fork.
- Taste, and season with pepper if you’d like. Pour into a small bowl, top with chives. To serve, spoon the cottage cheese over the toast.