Asparagus, corn and brazil nut salad
- 2 cups SunRice Low GI Brown Rice
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and sliced
- 125 g fresh baby corn halved
- 5 radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 brown onion trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped plus whole leaves to garnish
- ¾ cup Brazil nuts toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Cook the rice according to directions on the packet. Cool.
- Cook asparagus and corn in boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Add asparagus, corn, radishes, green onions, mint and 1/2 each of the of the brazil nuts and pomegranate seeds to rice. Combine oil, lemon juice and mustard and add to rice mixture. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad topped with whole mint leaves, remaining chopped brazil nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Energy per serve: 2112 kJ
Gi estimation: 48, GL estimation: 8Recipe and image supplied by SunRice. For more recipes go to www.sunrice.com.au
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.3g | Protein: 9.2g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 6.7g | Sodium: 163mg | Fiber: 8.6g | Sugar: 7.5g