Asian-style Pearl Couscous with grilled salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 125g
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Pearl Couscous
- 2½ cups hot strong chicken stock (low or reduced salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cleaned bean shoots
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 4 quarters of lime or lemon
- In a small bowl mix oil, curry powder and chilli paste.
- Very lightly brush salmon fillets with half the spicy oil.
- Place remaining spicy oil in a non-stick pan with onion and cook on medium heat while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add Pearl Couscous, stir well and add hot chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 8 minutes. Season with pepper to taste and stir in bean shoots and spinach leaves. Stir again and cook for a further 2 minutes until couscous is done.
- Place salmon on a hot grill plate and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Spoon Pearl Couscous onto plates and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle with spring onions and coriander leaves and serve with lime quarters.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.