Asian-style Pearl Couscous with grilled salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 125g
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Pearl Couscous
- 2½ cups hot strong chicken stock (low or reduced salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cleaned bean shoots
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 4 quarters of lime or lemon
- In a small bowl mix oil, curry powder and chilli paste.
- Very lightly brush salmon fillets with half the spicy oil.
- Place remaining spicy oil in a non-stick pan with onion and cook on medium heat while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add Pearl Couscous, stir well and add hot chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 8 minutes. Season with pepper to taste and stir in bean shoots and spinach leaves. Stir again and cook for a further 2 minutes until couscous is done.
- Place salmon on a hot grill plate and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Spoon Pearl Couscous onto plates and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle with spring onions and coriander leaves and serve with lime quarters.
Nutritional information (per serve)