Apple, cinnamon and walnut fritters
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1½ tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 egg medium, lightly beaten
- 1 red apple grated (skin on)
- ⅓ cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 tbsp walnuts extra
- 4 tbsp honey
- Sift together the flour, icing sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, egg, apple and walnuts and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium low heat and spray with oil spray.
- Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to the pan, allowing room for spreading and flatten slightly with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden on the underside.Turn carefully and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve sprinkled with extra walnuts and a drizzle of warmed honey.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.