Almond and raspberry mini cakes
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup soft icing mixture
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup reduced fat milk
- 2 eggs at room temperature, separated
- 1 cup frozen raspberries broken into pieces
- soft icing mixture for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C conventional or 180°C fan forced. Line 24 x 30ml (1 ½ tablespoon) mini muffin pans with paper cases. Spray the cases with cooking spray.
- Put the almond meal, icing sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Stir well. Put the milk and egg yolks in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients with the raspberries and mix until combined. Using electric beaters whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add to the almond mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin pans. Bake for 18-20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.