The Glycemic Index Foundation is a Not-for-Profit health promotion charity that is governed by a Board of Directors.
Our Purpose: Provide quality services and communications globally, to assist food suppliers in providing, and consumers in selecting, nutritionally healthier foods using the glycemic index.
Overall goal: Making healthier low GI choices easier.
Our Board Members:
- Mr Stephen Higgs (Chairman)
- Prof Jennie Brand-Miller (President) – University of Sydney Representative
- Dr Fiona Atkinson – University of Sydney Representative
- Mr Leo Tutt – Diabetes NSW & ACT Representative
- Mr Sturt Eastwood (Company Secretary) – Diabetes NSW & ACT Representative
- Mrs Marissa Cooper
- Mrs Pam Longstaff
- Mr Stephen Haddad
- Mrs Isobel Brown
- Mrs Kathy Usic (CEO)
All Directors volunteer their time on the Board
- Kathy Usic – Chief Executive Officer
- Dianna Crisp – Communications & Partnerships Manager
- Dr Alan Barclay – Scientific Advisor
- Pam Longstaff – Project Consultant
- Kevin Cheung – Finance